2 Socks in 4 Days — We Are Nuts – Knit Talk 2011/07/21
Back on July 7th, I announced on Ravelry, Facebook (are we friends yet?), Google+ (if we aren’t in each other circles, let’s do it!), and Twitter (do we follow each other?) that Jennifer Wendell and I decided to console ourselves for not being at Sock Summit (again) by knitting ourselves a pair of socks during those four days. The catch? The only patterns that could be used had to be ones which Stephanie Pearl-McPhee made. Since then, the “Couldn’t Foot It” Challenge has accumulated over two dozen prizes to award to finishers — specifically 25 and counting. Four of these prizes are from the Yarn Harlot herself, and the others are by esteemed independent dyers with XRX tossing in the choice of a copy of “Think Outside the SOX” or “Magnificent Mittens and Socks” for those who finish “Pearls of Wisdom” or “Feather & Fan Socks” which are from the “Socks, Socks, Socks” book.
Who are the nutty people that are joining Jennifer and crazy me?
Here’s the list of everyone’s Ravelry name!
Want to see a glimpse of the prizes that I listed on Ravelry?
Here ya go!
- Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden: a skein of her Serenity 2 in the Mocha Olive colourway which were used for Stephanie’s Paul Atwell Socks
- Kate of Dragonfly Fibers: a skein of her Dragonsock
- Jill of Jill Draper Designs: a skein of her Splendor in a Sock Summit colorway
- Natasha of Unplanned Peacock Studio is donating :a skein of her MCN yarn
- Paula of Woolarina: a skein of her MCN yarn
- Kimberly Reynolds of XRX, Inc.: “Think Outside the SOX” or “Magnificent Mittens and Socks”
- Stevanie Pico and Deb Accuardi of Pico Accuardi Dyeworks: a skein of Marco Bambino yarn
- koffeeknits of Dirty Water Dyeworks: a skein of finisher’s choice
- SpindleCat of SpindleCat Studio: a custom-dyed skein of Tabbytux
- Our most beloved YarnHarlot: three skeins of yarn and a signed book
- Diane from Bugsnugger Yarns: a skein of her Sparkle Sock
- Jocelyn of Dubai Knits: 3 skeins of sock yarn from across the world
- Mercedes Tarasovich of KitchenSink Dyeworks: a skein of Silver Spoon in any KSD colorway
- Caro from SplitYarn and “Knitting it Old School”: a Splityarn boxbag and matching wee pouch
- ExecuDiva of 2 skeins of Seda Sock in the Storm OR Goth Chick colorways (or any other colorway the winner prefers, because she wants the winner to be happy!)
- Brynna of Draygone Yarnes: a custom-dyed skein of Draygone Yarnes Sparkle
- Alex Capshaw-Taylor from WorldKnits: a skein of her beautiful sock yarn
- Jennifer Wendell — PassionKNITly (aka Yarn365): a skein each of sock yarn from her luxurious stash
- And last but not least, my ol’ little Bunny self: a skein each of sock yarn also from my stash
Think you can knit 2 socks in 4 days? Join us next week on July 28th when we cast on at 9:00AM-PST to find out!
Bunny hugs for now,