Sweet and Smoky Snack Nuts
lipped cookie sheet
medium to large bowl (large enough to mix comfortably 3-4 quarts of ingredients)
serving or mixing spoon
(1) 16 ounce bag of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds (or 1 pound of an equivalent recipe)
1 pound of untoasted almonds
8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped or in chips
8 ounces dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using the parchment paper, line the lipped cookie sheet with parchment to make handling the almonds easier.
- Spread almonds on a single layer on baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, shuffle and flip to cook other side, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove toasted almonds from oven and place on a baking rack to cool.
- When almonds are cool to the touch, add them and the other ingredients to the bowl.
- Thoroughly mix.
- Distribute into bowls or side dishes if desired. (I served mine in crystal goblets.)