Okay folks, Kat has a neat contest going on (many thanks to Debbie for posting it on her site) that asks you to name 5 places that you have KIP (knitted in public) besides home and yarn store(s). Because I have absolutely NO qualms about KIP, I am trying to list places not so common (like government-run offices). Here goes nuttin!
- the local bowling alley (hey now, I was able to get a lot of Namaste done!)
- during the countdown for 2006 at a New Year’s Texas Hold ’em Poker Party (just say THAT 10 times fast!)
- waiting room of the local emergency veterinary hospital (my bunnies were fighting 🙁 )
- garden courtyard at work — had sent IM to co-workers in the middle of a conference call that I MUST be left alone to de-stress
- on a 4-poster bed in the VIP room of a martini bar (the big bouncer actually came over and discussed what his mom crochets!) the place is The Grind in Cranston, RI
…And my all-time favorite memory
(my husband and friends were NOT amused)
- The Events
- 2348 B.C. – The epic Great Flood, (NoahÂ´s Flood) began on this date according to the Old testament Chronology of Bishop James Ussher.
- # 1905 – The Danish Prins Carl arrives in Norway to become King Haakon VII of Norway
- 1984 – 36 top musicians gather in a Notting Hill studio and record Band Aid’s Do They Know It’s Christmas in order to raise money for famine relief in Ethiopia.
- 1814 – Julius Robert von Mayer, German physician and physicist (d. 1878)
- 1940 – Joe Gibbs, American football coach
- 1960 – John F. Kennedy, Jr., American publisher (d. 1999)
- 1326 – Prince Koreyasu, Japanese shogun (b. 1264)
- 1968 – Upton Sinclair, American journalist, politician, and writer (b. 1878)
- 1998 – Flip Wilson, American actor and comedian (b. 1933)
Edit: UGH!! Okay WordPress, FINE… I give up!!
I will accept whatever spacing you set!! ARGH!!